Criteria for Nomination are as follows:
- The nominee must be a graduate from an accredited library and information studies program;
- The nominee must have been professionally employed for a minimum of two years and ideally the nominee should be employed for less than seven years;
- The nominee's record should indicate accomplishment in academic performance while in school, successful employment experience, and leadership potential;
- The nominee must be able to attend the entirety of the Institute;
- The nominee is responsible for a registration fee of $2950, including applicable taxes;
- The nominee is responsible for transportation expenses to and from Edmonton, Alberta, as well as any pre- or post NELI acccommodations in Edmonton - participants will be expected to overnight in Edmonton in December, 2016.
Nominee's 'Application Package' will include:
- A cover letter confirming their application and their willingness to assume transportation costs, the registration fee and any incidental accommodation expenses; a statement as to expectations for the NELI experience;
- A letter of nomination from their employer, a LIS program or a library-related organization or association;
- A letter supporting the nomination from a third party, such as a current supervisor, a former instructor, or any individual who knows the nominee well;
- A prospective career development plan that the nominee will develop for the purpose of fostering a pathway to a career leadership goal, and,
- A résumé or curriculum vitae.
- A one-page synopsis of achievements.
Nominees must submit, by way of email attachment, their application package by close of business on September 16, 2016 to: NELI2016@shaw.ca
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ernie Ingles, Executive Director, at 780-975-5270 or email@example.com